There’s no harm to your PC and no worries of losing any programs and your personal data. Note that you’ll need to delete the driver file manually from the Windows\System32\Drivers folder after a reboot. Anyway, the driver file wouldn’t load, as it’s no longer installed as a Service. In the DISM output, note down the Published Name (e.g., INF file name is”oem11.inf“) of the device driver you want to uninstall. For example, the Western Digital external hard disk driver (WD SES Device) may be listed as a hidden device.
- Some drivers may be missing initially after installing Windows 11.
- While average FPS are comparable to the previous driver, minimum FPS numbers are noticeably worse.
- DriverMax supports automated installs, scheduled scans, and full device driver backups.
- The easiest and most convenient way to update your graphics driver is to do it automatically with AVG Driver Updater.
- Windows automatically checks your device for new software updates.
Smoothness and stuttering is very good, also in line with the last driver. Like Wildlands, FarCry 5 took a noticeable dive on performance. Averages are 6-7% down, and minimum FPS are lower too, but by a smaller amount. Smoothness perception and frame pacing is worse now than the previous 411 driver with W10 April’s update. Frame times are consistent with this, and all three numbers are way worse than the previous driver.
Driver Store Explorer
Of course, if you built your own PC, you’ll need to know which internal components you used. You’ll have to get each hardware component’s Hiti Driver drivers from that manufacturer’s website. Usually, these direct-from-NVIDIA drivers are best for your NVIDIA-based video card, no matter what company actually manufactured the card but that’s not always the case. If you have trouble with these drivers in Windows 10, check with your video card maker for a better download. NVIDIA releases drivers for their video chips irregularly, but frequently, so keep an eye out for updates that improve compatibility with Windows 10 and increase game performance. A number of Lenovo-brand computers are also listed as not compatible, meaning that upgrading or installing Windows 10 on the computer may result in some major issues. Windows 10 drivers for Intel-manufactured hardware, like graphics chipsets, network hardware, etc., can all be found via the Intel Download Center.
- We have included the steps to update drivers through the built-in Device Manager, a third-party program, and dedicated websites of various laptop makers like Lenovo, Asus, Dell, and more.
- With ASUS verified drivers, it can ensure your PC is running with the best and most compatible performance.
- Anyone who wants to prevent compatibility problems and ensure smooth hardware functioning should install the free driver updater of Auslogics.
- First, you can go directly to the website for your PC manufacturer.
Whether you choose to update all your drivers at once or just some, AVG Driver Updater will find your new drivers and install them automatically, with just a single click. Along with figuring out how to check GPU drivers, if you’re also wondering how to check what graphics card you have and whether it’s up to date, you can explore the latest GPUs while you’re there.