Synthetic cannabis user’s friends did little to help before death – coroner

Spread the love

A coroner says he is dumbstruck that a man’s friends did little to help, when they found him collapsed in a pool of vomit after smoking synthetic cannabis.

no caption

Photo: St John / Lee Howell

Erin Kidwell, known as Charlie, was living with friends in the south Auckland suburb of Manurewa when he fell to the floor after smoking the substance.

His companions believed he would regain consciousness, but he was still facedown on the floor surrounded by vomit four hours later, and could not be resuscitated.

A report by coroner T G Tetitaha says synthetic cannabis users such as Kidwell should not be left unaided if they are unconscious or vomiting.

He believed Kidwell’s life could have been saved if he had been taken to hospital.

 112 

Leave a Reply