Pele, the legendary Brazilian soccer player, has left the hospital after undergoing chemotherapy.

Spread the love

Pele, the Brazilian soccer legend, left a hospital in Sao Paulo after several weeks, and a hospital bulletin said he would undergo chemotherapy following the removal of a colon tumour.

Pele had been in the hospital for nearly a month, checking in for routine exams before undergoing surgery to remove the tumour on September 4.

In the days following surgery, he was in and out of the Albert Einstein Hospital’s intensive care unit, with social media posts from his family assuring fans that he was doing well.

The hospital said in a Thursday bulletin that he was stable and cleared in the morning to leave the hospital, but would “continue with chemotherapy.”

Pele left the hospital early in the evening, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The Santos, Brazil and New York Cosmos player will turn 81 on Oct. 23. Pele is the only man to win three World Cups as a player.

READ ALSO:  Global coronavirus cases rise by one-day record of 400,000

On Wednesday, his daughter Kely said that he was expected to be discharged.

“Now that he’s stronger and leaving the hospital to continue recovering and treating himself at home, I’m going back home,” Pele’s U.S.-based daughter said on social media.

 330 

Leave a Reply