Covid-19 has been updated. 2 August: There are four new cases in managed isolation, but none in the community.

Spread the love

There are no new Covid-19 cases in the community, but there are four new cases in managed isolation and quarantine facilities.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement that three previously reported cases have now recovered.

In New Zealand, there are 37 active cases, with a total of 2521 confirmed cases.

According to the ministry, a previously reported case from July 19 has now been reclassified as historical and added to the historical case tally.

Since 1 January 2021, there have been 110 historical cases, out of a total of 704 cases.

The seven-day rolling average of new cases detected at the border is two.

No caption

Photo: Ministry of Health

Update on returnees from Australia

Quarantine-free travel with Australia has been suspended since 23 July but since then there have been a number of managed return flights, which ended on Friday, the ministry said.

“As a result of Queensland’s decision over the weekend to enter a three-day lockdown in parts of the state, we’re contacting all travellers who’ve returned since last Monday, asking them to check locations of interest on the Queensland Health website.

“If people have returned on one of those managed return flights since last Monday, and have been at a location of interest at the relevant time, they should immediately isolate at home or appropriate accommodation and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice on testing.”

The ministry said anyone else who has returned from Queensland since last Monday should remain vigilant, monitor any possible symptoms and ring Healthline and immediately isolate if any symptoms appear.

READ ALSO:  The travel bubble between New Zealand and New South Wales has paused, but Queensland persists.

Contact tracing teams have identified 4884 people who’ve travelled back from Queensland since last Monday and have made contact with 4681 people, using details from Nau Mai Râ, to provide them with this advice, it said.

The ministry said contact tracing staff have also identified 2999 people who returned on managed flights from Victoria between 25 and 30 July and have been required under a section 70 notice to isolate until a negative day 3 test.

“Of those 1113 have so far returned a negative test; 1669 tests are due within the next couple of days; the remainder are currently being assessed for follow-up.”

Vaccination rollout

Covid-19 has been updated. 2 August: There are four new cases in managed isolation, but none in the community.

There are no new Covid-19 cases in the community, but there are four new cases in managed isolation and quarantine facilities.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement that three previously reported cases have now recovered.

In New Zealand, there are 37 active cases, with a total of 2521 confirmed cases.

According to the ministry, a previously reported case from July 19 has now been reclassified as historical and added to the historical case tally.

Of these, 1.2 million are first doses and more than 740,000 are second doses, it said.

“Almost 109,000 Māori have received their first vaccination. Of these, around 70,300 have also had their second vaccinations.

“Almost 75,000 doses have been administered to Pacific peoples. Of these, around 48,000 have also received their second doses.”

READ ALSO:  According to Boris Johnson, the majority of COVID-19 regulations in England will be phased down on July 19.

Update on ships

The Mattina remains in quarantine at a secure berth in Bluff, the ministry said.

As of this morning, 14 of the original 21 mariners remain on board the vessel. Four mariners from the vessel, who tested negative for Covid-19, remain in a managed isolation facility in Christchurch.

“One of the two mariners currently in Southland Hospital is now well enough to be discharged from hospital today but requires ongoing medical care for an unrelated condition.

“Plans are under way to safely transfer him to Southern DHB arranged accommodation, where his health can continue to be monitored and treated.”

The captain, who has tested Covid-19 negative, remains in Southern DHB arranged accommodation in Southland, the ministry said.

“Plans are also under way to transport one mariner, who is currently aboard the Mattina, to a managed isolation facility in Christchurch. This mariner has serological evidence of a historical Covid-19 infection. He was originally required to remain on board to maintain the basic functions of the vessel. However, the decision has been made that he can now disembark for quarantine at an MIQ.

“Transportation from the ship to quarantine for this mariner will be carried out using all Infection, Prevention and Control procedures including the use of appropriate PPE.”

Meanwhile, the Viking Bay also remains in quarantine at a secure berth at Queens Wharf in Wellington.

The ministry said the vessel had received a deep clean and all 20 crew members were now back on board.

The vessel is expected to leave Wellington this afternoon.

READ ALSO:  Morrison explains New Zealand's attitude on China.

 585 

Leave a Reply