A mixed-gender performance was held at a Gaza resort, which was bombed.

Spread the love

In the Gaza Strip, Islamic State (ISIS)-inspired terrorists accused a resort of hosting a music concert for men and women – and then attacked.
Last Thursday, an explosive device was detonated at Bianco Resort, one of the Gaza Strip’s most opulent coastal tourist destinations.

The violence occurred when Muslim fanatics accused the resort of hosting a mixed-gender performance. No one was wounded, but the resort’s perimeter wall was damaged.
According to Palestinian authorities, the attack was carried out by Salafi-Jihadist militants.

 

Members of the Gaza Strip’s Islamic State (ISIS)-inspired organisations accused the resort of staging a music event for men and women on the beach of Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip.

Some members of the groups claimed they had warned the owner not to hold the event, but he disregarded their advice.

Over the last decade, Salafi-Jihadist militants have regularly clashed with Hamas members in Gaza. Hamas has also detained or executed several of the organisations’ members.

READ ALSO:  Has COVID created an opportunity to negotiate prisoner swaps with Hamas?

 

On August 5, Issa Miqdad, one of the men affiliated with the groups, wrote on Facebook: “Today we went to Bianco Resort in order to deny the evil before it happens, as this resort will hold a mixed singing party tomorrow on the beach of Beit Lahiya. Therefore, we ask the [Hamas] government to stop this evil before it happens. I call on all preachers and sheikhs to publicly denounce this evil after the owner refused our request not to hold the party.”
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip reacted with mixed feelings to the bombing of the resort. Some expressed appreciation for the perpetrators, while others denounced the attack.
The Gaza-based Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) strongly condemned the attack and said it was aimed at intimidating the residents of the Gaza Strip.
“PCHR points out that this resort is a modern and private investment project that opened in the middle of last month and was built on an area of 12 dunams, employing about 120 workers, and it has been very popular since its inauguration,” the center said in a statement. “We stress the importance of supporting such projects, which contribute to supporting domestic tourism, upgrading the Palestinian economy, creating job opportunities for young people and mitigating the effects of the siege [on the Gaza Strip].”

It asked that all individuals involved in “this heinous crime” face legal consequences.

READ ALSO:  Rocket attack on US in Iraq leaves questions, few answers

According to PCHR’s investigations, at approximately 11:55 p.m. Friday night, unknown perpetrators installed and detonated an explosive device adjacent to the resort’s northeastern wall. Parts of the wall collapsed as a result of the explosion.

According to the resort’s owner, Suhail al-Saqqa, a guy came to the resort last Wednesday and demanded that the employees postpone a concert set for the following evening. He claimed to have received permission from the Hamas-controlled Ministry of Interior.

 

According to a Hamas-affiliated source, some people have been apprehended in connection with the incident.

The attack on the resort was condemned by a number of Palestinian factions, including the PLO’s Leninist-Marxist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), as well as the Palestinian People’s Party (formerly the Palestinian Communist Party).

According to the factions, the explosion demonstrated the growing influence of ISIS-inspired groups in the Gaza Strip.

 

 429 

Leave a Reply