Breaking News

Megyn Kelly’s lawyers accuse Andy Lack of losing control

Loading...
Loading...

The war of words between Megyn Kelly’s reps and NBC escalated on Wednesday — as Kelly’s lawyer accused NBC News boss Andy Lack of losing control and urged NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke to get involved.

After Kelly’s 9 a.m. show was canceled on Friday, the anchor’s lawyer Bryan Freedman and NBC News have accused each other of leaking behind-the-scenes details of her contract negotiations to leave NBC with millions at stake.

Freedman issued a statement to Page Six on Wednesday saying, “Despite my efforts to handle this process confidentially, NBC News is allowing the media to run with completely false and irresponsible reports that disparage Megyn by erroneously claiming she has ever asked for more money than her contract requires. If NBC News is not the source then they have a responsibility as a news division to correct these false claims. Or are they somehow attempting to use these fabrications for some fictitious advantage in the discussions we’re having? If Andy Lack has lost control, my hope would be that Steve Burke can step in and not permit blatant lies about our discussions to remain uncorrected.”

An NBC spokesperson told us in response: “Unlike Mr. Freedman, who has repeatedly commented to the media throughout the negotiations, we respect the confidentiality of the process, and will have no comment until it reaches its conclusion.”

Ironically, sources close to both parties have continually denied any reports about the talks in the press as false. Freedman’s said publicly that, “any suggestion that Megyn is looking for more than her contract is untrue.”

Kelly’s midway through a three-year, $69 million agreement.
Meantime, Kelly,

who emerged publicly on Wednesday outside her Manhattan apartment building, complained on Twitter, “For a week paparazzi has been lurking outside my home day & nite.”

She said she offered “donuts & begged them to just take their pic of me & to leave my kids alone when they emerged. All were nice. Except the Dailymail.” She also alleged that the UK outlet “secretly videotaped my 7-yr-old child” and posted images of her husband “in our home.”

The latest Kelly controversy erupted after she made comments on her “Megyn Kelly Today” show about blackface costumes on Halloween. She then apologized on the show, but NBC pulled the plug.

Lack told NBC staff in a meeting about Kelly’s controversial comments last week, “There is no other way to put this, but I condemn those remarks. There is no place on our air or in this workplace for them. Very unfortunate.”

https://www.geezgo.com/sps/45032


Join Geezgo for free. Use Geezgo's end-to-end encrypted Chat with your Closenets (friends, relatives, colleague etc) in personalized ways.>>

Loading...

No comments

Loading...