Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Opera singer Andrea Bocelli ‘backs out of Trump inauguration after receiving death threats’

Olivia Waring
Opera singer Andrea Bocelli 'backs out of Trump inauguration after receiving death threats'
Donald Trump’s inauguration will not feature his good friend Andrea Bocelli after all (Pictures: Getty)
Andrea Bocelli – opera singer and friend of Donald Trump – has reportedly pulled out of performing at his inauguration after receiving death threats.
Reports are conflicted over whether Italian tenor Bocelli was asked or requested to be part of the glitzy ceremony on January 20.
But what’s clear is the blind 58-year-old won’t be taking part any more, apparently on the advice of his security team.
A source told Mail Online: ‘Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.’
Reports claim that many of Bocelli’s fans vowed to boycott his concerts and record releases if he took to the stage to celebrate the start of Trump’s Presidency.
The hashtag #BoycottBocelli spread across Twitter for the first time last month when rumours of his involvement began circulating.
However, a conflicting report has emerged claiming Bocelli was not asked to perform, but merely offered as a friend — and was turned down.
Inauguration committee Chairman Tom Barrack told CNBC: ‘Bocelli and his wife have been friends of Trump from the very beginning… Bocelli is loyal to him as an individual.
Opera singer backs out of Trump inauguration after getting death threats credit getty
Bocelli and Trump with their wives Veronica and Melania (Picture: Getty)
‘The Bocellis came to him and said, “Look, if it would be helpful to you, if you would like us to perform, we would consider it.” [But] Donald said, “You don’t need to. We’re not in that kind of a framework. Thanks very much for the offer. You’re my friend. You are always welcome at the White House.”‘
Bocelli and Trump obviously go way back, but not far back enough to warrant a sing-song in front of the nation.
Metro.co.uk has contacted Bocelli’s reps for comment.
Generated by IJG JPEG Library
Jennifer Holliday was planning to perform until very recently (Picture: Getty)
Meanwhile soul singer Jennifer Holliday has been threatened and branded ‘Uncle Tom’ online for accepting Trump’s invitation to perform, which she’s now rejected.
After the backlash, she released a statement saying: ‘My only choice must now be to stand with the LGBT community and to state unequivocally that I will not perform for the welcome concert or for any of the inauguration festivities.’

Only country star Toby Keith and teenage 2010 America’s Got Talent runner-up Jackie Evancho have been confirmed as performers at the inauguration, with less than a week to go. Come on, Kanye, don’t let us down…
Opera singer Andrea Bocelli ‘backs out of Trump inauguration after receiving death threats’ Reviewed by Chidinma C Amadi on 10:59 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Kogonuso © All Rights Reserved!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.